Yes? Well, the next time your team is stuck in conflict and problems rather than results remember...
Stumbling blocks can be overcome. And Barbara May can show you how.
With more than two decades of work experience behind her in fields as diverse as sport and recreation, education, not-for-profit management, entertainment and government, Barbara brings a uniquely powerful mix of personal stories, humorous examples, and real-world insight to her programs and clients.
By talking openly about her struggles and triumphs, Barbara helps individuals and teams see and get past their stumbling blocks and be happy, motivated and productive.
Here's the scoop
At every one of her keynote speeches and team building seminars, Barbara shares and teaches her Stumbling Blocks philosophy — the belief that you can get past your stumbling blocks — to help people in the audience understand and embrace her key message: If you get back up, anything is possible.
Here are some of the learning objectives Barbara can support and reinforce during your team building seminar:
• Change management and accepting change
• Taking initiative and being willing to ask for help
• Moving on and learning from your mistakes
• Increasing resilience and productivity
• Handling stress and setbacks
• Motivation, team work and accountability
• Communication, collaboration and resolving conflict
• Public speaking and presentation skills
The Stumbling Blocks Challenge
Barbara May created the Stumbling Blocks Challenge, which includes: communication, problem solving and decision making activities to help people develop their teamwork skills. These activities are both fun and educational, and have the added benefit of improving performance and productivity in the workplace.
When Barbara works with your organization she’ll:
• Customize her presentation to reinforce your organization’s culture, objectives, key messages and specific needs
• Personalize the Stumbling Blocks Challenge to help people improve their individual and team performance
• Engage the audience at a level that challenges them
• Offer deep insights, original thinking, and practical tips to help your team members turn stumbling blocks into building blocks and be happy, motivated and productive
• Help your team learn new ways of solving problems in the workplace such as dealing and communicating with co-workers and bouncing back from mistakes with confidence
Comments from Clients
"Barbara was excellent at detecting the key stumbling blocks for each person's situation. Wonderful observation skills and very entertaining!" - Carol Brandly, Seminar Participant
"Barbara's keynote gave attendees the chance to interact with one another and develop their problem solving skills. She has a great story, and kept the crowd motivated and enthused for the entire hour." - Brenda Kolasa, Success 4 Business Expo
“Sometimes we get stuck in the things that trip us up, our stumbling blocks, and this was a great opportunity to hear that somebody else has experienced those issues too.” - Shawna Miller, Grande Prairie & District Chamber of Commerce
"Barbara provided our group a personalized, dynamic and intriguing presentation! She was funny and thoughtful! Such a rare package for a presenter and a fabulous end to our Retreat!" Joelle Brown - Executive Director, St. Albert Victim Services
"It's just as important to identify the stumbling blocks in a situation as it is the solution to them. Barbara May is excellent at both." - Kris Odegard, Esq., LL.M and host of the Racquetball Practice Program
What's the first step?
Call Barbara May. Discuss your team's biggest stumbling block(s) with her. Then bring her in to work with your team. She'll help you work together, steadily improve your performance, be motivated, stay with the company, and grow as leaders. And, most importantly, get past your stumbling blocks.