Public Speaking Secrets: Unblocking Yourself to be a Better Presenter
Format: Public Speaking Workshop
Description: Have you ever wondered why some business leaders are so successful? It's because they not only know how to communicate effectively, but more importantly, they make becoming an engaging presenter a top priority. And that's where Barbara May comes in. She'll help you achieve incredible career success by teaching you how to speak in public with entertaining confidence and effortless style. Better yet, at the same time she'll help you get past your public speaking stumbling blocks.
Goals of the program: To help people get past their public speaking stumbling blocks and become engaging presenters.
Here's what you'll learn in Public Speaking Secrets:
• Making an Impact: First impressions are everything. Barbara will show you the conversation and networking skills you need to communicate effectively.
• Managing Fear and Nervousness: Simple relaxation and breathing techniques that keep you relaxed and in control throughout your presentation.
• Presentation Techniques: How to use your voice and body for maximum impact.
• Storytelling: Proven techniques to help you become a more animated, engaging storyteller.
• Audience Interaction: Fun and easy ways to involve the audience in your presentation.
• Answering Questions: Sure-fire ways to handle difficult questions and unexpected queries even if you don’t have the answers.
• Humor Basics: How to think on your feet and get more laughs.
• Rehearsal Techniques: Sure-fire ways to practice that build confidence and guarantee a smooth delivery.
At every one of her public speaking workshops, Barbara shares and teaches her Stumbling Blocks philosophy — the belief that you can get past your stumbling blocks — to help people in the audience understand and embrace her key message: If you get back up, anything is possible.
What makes Barbara different?
Like many people, Barbara was terrified of public speaking; joining Toastmasters helped her overcome her fears. May says, “The experience also gave me the confidence and skill to stretch out into other areas, like television and stand-up comedy.” In fact, when she first started interviewing business owners on the Learning & Job News in 1996, Neil Wilkinson (1993-94 Toastmasters International President) was the first person she interviewed.
She has accomplished much, including acting in several television commercials, hosting ACCESS Television's "May We Talk", and joking her way into the Guinness World Records by performing in the longest stand-up comedy show in history.
In Public Speaking Secrets, Barbara combines her speaking, coaching, television and comedy experience to help people get past their public speaking stumbling blocks.
Comments from Clients
"An interview with a camera in your face can be intimidating and make you feel self-conscious, which I definitely was at first. But that changed after a couple ground-breaking sessions with Barbara May." - Kathryn Kohut, 2nd Runner Up at the Miss Universe Canada Competition
"After I launched a weekly feature on local television news many people gave me helpful advice. Barbara May's coaching was the best of all. Everyone noticed an immediate improvement. Barbara removed my TV stumbling blocks." - Dave Lieber, CSP, and columnist for The Dallas Morning News
"Watching my brother go from bumbling and fumbling to a clear, concise, structured presentation made it clear how effective Barbara May's teachings are. It was a true transformation." - Mike Kuby, Playworks.ca
Is your team ready to get past their public speaking stumbling blocks?
Call Barbara May. Discuss your team's biggest stumbling block(s) with her. Then bring her in to work with your team. She'll help you get past your public speaking stumbling blocks and become engaging presenters.