- Format: Fun, informative and highly interactive team building seminars for everyone from senior managers to emerging leaders and new recruits.
- Description: When people run into stumbling blocks at work they often feel they can’t move forward, or they get defensive and dig their heels in. Teamwork gives way to individual complaints. People shift from enjoying work to resenting it. Side issues take the stage and work can grind to a halt. But stumbling blocks can be overcome and Barbara May can show you how.
- Goals of the program: To help people in the audience understand and embrace the stumbling blocks philosophy: If you get back up, anything is possible.
Here's the scoop.
Barbara May brings her Stumbling Blocks philosophy – the belief that you can get past your stumbling blocks – to all her team building seminars. By talking openly about her struggles and triumphs, Barbara helps people in the audience understand and embrace her key message: If you get back up, anything is possible. The Stumbling Blocks Challenge is an experiential learning activity that will help your team see and get past their stumbling blocks. For example: competing against one another to build the "best structure" out of wooden blocks or working together to organize a pile of foam blocks into "four squares". On the surface the Stumbling Blocks Challenge is a lot of fun and a great way to motivate your team. On a deeper level it gives people the opportunity to learn about communication, collaboration and working together as a team.
Barbara May created the Stumbling Blocks Challenge, which includes: communication activities, problem solving and/or decision making activities, adaptability and/or planning activities, and activities that focus on building trust; to foster the development of teamwork skills. These activities are both fun and educational, and have the added benefit of improving performance and productivity in the workplace.
Here are some examples of an organization's objectives that Barbara can support and reinforce during the stumbling blocks team building seminar:
• Change management and accepting change.
• Taking initiative and being willing to ask for help.
• Moving on and learning from your mistakes.
• Handling stress and setbacks.
• Communication, collaboration and resolving conflict.
• Public speaking and presentation skills.